FIRST - What is your POOL SURFACE AREA?
Not sure what size your pool is? -Download FREE POOL CALCULATOR - (Excel Spreadsheet)
Sizing Depends on Your Pools Surface Area & Heat Loss.
Determining pool heat loss is quite complex, but some simple assumptions apply to both the higher latitudes and the warm tropics:
- Most people swim when the daily average air temperature is over 70°F (21°C).
- Most pool owners do not use a solar cover except in the coldest months.
- Most pools are kept about 10°F (5°C) above the average air temperature.
- Since pools lose about 75% of there heat due to evaporation of the water, a pool heater should be sized based on the pool surface area.
IF THE ABOVE ASSUMPTION APPLY TO YOUR POOL we recommend the following SIZES based on your surface area:
- 200HP Heat Siphon is limited above ground and small in ground pools from 200 sq ft (20 M sq) to 275 sq ft t (25 M sq) covered.
- 375HP Heat Siphon will heat pools from 350 sq ft (30 M sq) to 650 sq ft (50 M sq) in surface area even with little or no solar cover use.
- 575HP Heat Siphon for larger pools between 650 sq ft (60 M sq) tp 800 sq ft (75 M sq) and will need a cover in the coldest month and in very windy locations.