General Installation Info:
Heat Siphon® needs fresh air so it must be outdoor in the open - NO PUMP ROOMS OR SHEDS (for indoor installations call factory) and it should be downstream of the pump and filter and upstream of any chlorinators.
Heat Siphon® is plumbed right into your pool or spa filter circulating system just like a length of PVC pipe. AND NO COPPER HEAT SINK PIPES are required. Just plumb standard 1.5" or 2" schedule 40 PVC pipe directly into Heat Siphon®'s heat exchanger (2" requires female adapter fitting).
220 volt ac electric power from a dedicated circuit breaker is the only "fuel" required to power the unit.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- MINIMUM OF 25 GPM POOL PUMP WATER FLOW (80 GPM MAX)
- DEDICATED 220 VOLT AC CIRCUIT BREAKER (ALL Domestic Heat Siphon Models)
WHAT"S NOT REQUIRED:
- NO PILOT LIGHT TO BLOW OUT AND RELIGHT
- NO FLAMES OR HOT COMBUSTION GAS VENT STACKS
- NO DANGER OF EXPLOSION
- NO GAS PROPANE OR OIL PIPING LINES TO RUN OR BURY
- NO GAS PROPANE OR OIL TANKS ABOVE OR BELOW GROUND
- NO COPPER HEAT SINKS TO PREVENT PVC PIPE FROM MELTING
- NO WIND BREAKS TO SHELTER BURNER FLAME
- NO UNSIGHTLY SOLAR COLLECTORS